Nowadays, economic development has increased urban migration, which brought road congestion and resulted in air pollution. To tackle such traffic problems, governments worldwide have been proactive in developing various smart transportation applications, such as Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) systems. They include various transportation optimization measures, such as busways, priority signal systems at intersections, and intelligent bus systems, all of which contribute to realizing a new form of public transportation in terms of transportation capacity, reliability, and safety.
Intelligent buses are at the heart of BRT systems. Through various applications such as GPS tracking, driver behavior monitoring, electronic toll collection, passenger statistics, arrival information displays, and in-vehicle video surveillance, bus operators can be fully informed of the status of their vehicles in real time and thus improve their operational efficiency. For passengers, this gives them access to real-time bus arrival information, and it is also expected to increase their willingness to take the bus because they can enjoy a fast, convenient, and safe journey experience.
Sintron Rugged In-vehicle Systems Optimize Smart Public Transport
Sintron offers a series of all-in-one onboard solutions that aim to improve efficiency and service quality, bus monitoring and surveillance, and fleet management. These tailor-made solutions have been successfully and widely implemented across bus rapid transit (BRT) systems worldwide.
SINTRON in-vehicle PC is offering onboard platforms, display monitors and station solutions. Through the use of a reliable platform with GPS and wireless connection capabilities, each single transportation device can communicate with each other and with the control center. The platform can display real-time scheduling and destination information to passengers, assisting them in obtaining the right information within a short period of time. It also allows transportation companies to cut down information center and passenger assistance manpower.
Through the on-board cameras connected to SINTRON in vehicle computer system, the surveillance system are not only able to alert drivers to potential dangers and help them build proper driving behavior, but also significantly improve their user experience with minimum maintenance cost, ultimately elevating driving safety for both drivers and passengers. SINTRON in vehicle PC is built with great endurance to help overcome challenges from onboard environment, such as vibration and extreme temperature, and deliver stable and reliable NVR functionality to monitor and record vehicle activity.
Features of Sintron In-vehicle Systems
- GPS, optional CAN bus and Dead Reckoning enable remote vehicle monitoring and location tracking.
- Optional features with built-in 5G, LTE and WLAN modules to facilitate mobile communication and navigation. Dual SIM slots also provide uninterrupted Internet service with different ISPs.
- Wide Voltage Power Input Range (9-48v) and internal smart battery backup for uninterrupted power support.
- Can be equipped with multiple 4-8ch video input camera for real-time recording and surveillance to strengthen passenger safety, and monitor driver behavior
- Four Ethernet additionally enhance video streaming on digital signage displays to broadcast advertisement and passenger information
- Rich I/O ports to connect with digital signage, door and safety sensors, RFID card readers, ticketing and fare collection
ETA's cloud-hosted ITS find the intersection of transit technology innovation and cost-efficient performance